There are brands that you pray to work with someday and there are just some brands that you put so high up there that you only imagine of working with. Qatar Airways is one of the most luxurious brands in the travel industry that whenever we would fly to another place, my sister and I would always cross our fingers that we’re booked with the airline. Ever since we started to travel for work about 3 years ago, we would fly a minimum of 80 flights per year and we’ve learned to appreciate the smallest details. When one is enclosed in a metal space for 14 to 16 hours straight, you will start to notice the itty bitty part of everything. How well maintained the plane is, how clean the bathroom is, how comfortable the seats are, how the food tastes like and how often one can eat and even what extra miles an airline will fly to keep their passengers entertained. After experiencing almost all kinds of airline companies, we’ve learned that are only a handful that would take care of their customers and actually loves to do it. Finally, after 4 years of V & V, our dream of working with the World’s Best Airline finally came true and we’re here to tell you all about our experience! :)
Here are 11 reasons why you should fly business class with Qatar Airways:
1. You will be taken care of right when you enter the airport. I always say that a vacation should start the minute you enter the airport. Qatar Airways makes sure that their passengers experience a stress free check in by allotting a separate lane for business class passengers. We flew the Manila – Doha – Paris and Athens – Doha – Paris routes and did not encounter a problem checking in our baggages and getting our boarding passes. The staff were pleasant to talk to, too!
2. Lounges are provided in all airports and will make sure you’re comfortable while waiting for your flight! Delays can happen that are beyond the airline’s control and they make up for this by giving lounges access to their business class passengers no matter what you’re airport you’re flying out from. There are food and drinks to indulge on while waiting for the flight :) The one in Doha needs it’s own number in this list so wait for that! ;)
3. Qatar Airways has one of the world’s youngest fleet with A350, B-787 Dreamliners and B777’s. This means that you’re sure to be flying in new airplanes which is a treat especially if you’ll be flying 8 hours going to Doha and another few to your final destination! No matter what kind of plane your flight is assigned to, you will be sleeping in flat bed business class seats so you’re sure you’ll have a good night’s rest. The pillows and comforter (not just a regular blanket but a comforter, mind you!) provided for are the best and makes you just want to cuddle up in your seat! Turndown service will be provided for too when you request for it :)
4. On Demand Dining. Once you enter the plane, you will be given a menu that was carefully curated for their passengers. It contains an appetizer, mains, desserts, healthy bites, small bites and a list of drinks for every taste. There is also a separate menu for wine and champagne that you can choose from. You know the best part about this? YOU CAN ORDER AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, ANYTIME! Yup, I mean that literally. You can order the whole menu if you’re that hungry! Plus, imagine unlimited Lanson Brut and Lanson Rosè Champagne for hours straight :P Verniece and I wanted to try as much as we can and I think those people who said that your taste buds die down a bit when you’re on air are wrong because everything was so good! Each meal starts with freshly baked bread with butter and jam and the multi-lingual staff can even give you suggestions on what drink would go best with your wine.
5. The staff are trained to the highest standards to cater to the needs of every passenger. You will really notice how they go the extra mile for you. It’s like they know what you need before you even realize you do! They make sure you’re comfortable and you’re full the whole time. The staff’s multi- cultural and multi lingual and it’s nice to talk to them because you’ll know a new thing or two from them! I couldn’t sleep on the way to Paris and Vern was asleep so I got to speak with the cabin head in the bar at the back and she told me how it was like working with Qatar. It was so interesting to know about what goes on behind the curtains :) That’s why don’t be shy to strike up a conversation with them throughout the flight!
6. ORYX In-Flight Personal Entertainment + Wifi. You will not get bored with the 17-inch touch screen monitor and noise-cancelling headphones that every passenger is provided for. It contains a big number of updated movies and tv shows and it was nice to catch up on shows I haven’t seen in awhile! Plus I haven’t been to the movies recently and I got to see the ones I’ve been dying to see aboard the plane :) Felt like the hours weren’t enough since I had so much I wanted to watch! Plus there’s wifi too if you need to catch up on work whole on board.. but then again, who would want to work when you’ve got all these?! :P
7. The BRIC Amenitiy kit containing Castell-Monte Vibiano Vecchio toiletries every passenger is given. I never knew I wanted to have a collection of business class amenity kits till I saw the one Qatar gives their passengers. The gorgeous bag has everything you would need to get comfortable during the flight! It has a sleep mask, socks, moisturizer, lip balm and even a spray mist to keep your skin hydrated :)
8. The lounge in Doha is amazing. I usually hate layovers but I wouldn’t mind a long one here in Doha. Their business class lounge is huge and they have a space for whatever you feel like doing during the free time you have. They have casual dining, buffet, a business center, a family room, a common area where you can read or watch something on the entertainment system each chair has and even an entertainment room when you feel like playing a console game. It caters to all ages and you will never go hungry here! Plus most of the staff are Filipinos and you will feel right at home :) We met a few readers during our 3 hour layover and we got so kilig because we couldn’t believe that we had them all the way in Doha!! :) Ahhh we were smiling the whole time!
9. SKYTRAX voted Qatar Airline of the Year for 4 years in a row and World’s Best Business Class for 2017. If the aviation equivalent of the Oscars said so, who are we to argue?
10. Qatar Airways is a 5 star rated airline. There are only 9 given that rank in the world!
11. It’s an experience that will make you feel over the moon. Traveling is already a treat but when you’re flying with Qatar, you will be smiling the whole time. You will sometimes have to look around and have to pinch yourself because you just can’t believe something like this exists on board and you’re actually experiencing it first hand. Definitely worth every hard earned penny that I would be happy to spend for again and again.
A big thank you to Qatar Airways for this experience! Happy 20th anniversary!