I’m currently sitting in my office chair in my pyjamas about to do something I haven’t done in a long time… write! I woke up this morning with a shot of energy and drive to so now I’m not taking advantage of every bit of this spark :) It’s been awhile since I wrote a life update here on the blog, always about my new discoveries, our travels or my random realizations about life. So now, I thought of writing about the things that are currently making me happy or just random rambles of what’s been going on with me and possibly bits of my sister’s life! I checked our archives and the last time I wrote a listicle just like this one was almost 2 years ago now so here it is goes :)
1. Slowing down. Verniece and I used to travel from one city to the other like a headless chicken. From late 2015 till about last year, we would explore a new country, go home for about a day to unpack then pack again for a trip we were going to have the very next. In a span of 2 years plus, we got to cross out almost every place on our bucket list and achieved our goal of visiting 30 countries. I didn’t even realized how much traveling we did until we decided to slow down. After all of that spectacle and madness, we decided that this year, there would be a shift in priorities – traveling costs money and this time we wanted to start saving for our future. We missed alot of work opportunities here at home because we were always away and we wanted to start going to events again, doing photoshoots and even just meeting clients over a cup of coffee. We wanted to work on our health – traveling can be very tiring and I’ve always been so sickly where just a little bit of fatigue and I’m already coming down with a flu! Imagine blending that with airplane bacteria and no rest so now my body felt renewed. After months of slowing down, picking only short trips, October is the start of our whirlwind romance with traveling again and we can’t wait!
2. Our finished home office. We’ve vlogged about it here and I’m very happy with how it turned out! Having our own space to shoot vlogs, store work related items and a table where I can accomplish what I have to for the day helped me in so many ways. The moment I step into the room, I immediately become so productive that I sometimes delay my time to enter because once I start, I don’t leave till I get everything on my checklist done :) We decorated the space mostly with H&M Home pieces because we didn’t want to spend so much decorating it as we already invested on good quality furniture!
3. I’ve started to love filming videos for Youtube! Yup, after years of convincing from Vernice, I finally love to do this. I’ve decided to do a weekly life update vlog and it”s where we take you on our day to day lives. I wanted a daily vlog but Verniece said that’s too much commitment and I realized that I’m ready for that yet! lol
4. Seeing Ben more. You know by now that Ben and I are in a semi-long distance relationship and I think after traveling so much for most of our 5 years together officially made it one. This year, I got to spend time with him more, I got to visit Cebu and he visited me in Manila alot more than the past 2 years and I can confidently say that it made our relationship better. We were on a honeymoon stage for a long time because we would only see each other every 3 weeks so it was always something new for us but finally, we’ve settled into a routine and we’ve gotten comfortable which I think is a good thing because it is where an almost 5 year relationship should be. I used to be so scared before that things would be so different if we settle into just like any other normal relationship because we were always used to distance but surprisingly, we’re actually good at being together all the time, too! lol We’re two different people and our personalities are two contrasts but it works! :)
5. My new found love for the beach. I used to never get why people find the beach as their place for solace but now I get it. After going on a million and one beach trips for work, I FINALLY know why! lol
6. Learning how to let go. I used to be impulsive with my reactions before, I always act on my emotions and it always gets me into trouble. 2018 was the year I learned how to accept that things don’t always go the way I imagined them to and it’s okay. I learned how to control what would upset me or what would make me cry. I learned to filter and let go. Is this what adulting is?! If it is, I’m welcoming it with open arms!! lol
What’s currently making you happy? :)