Traveling has changed my life. By seeing new destinations twice a month, experiencing different adventures in every country and meeting people from all walks of life, I feel like it made me grow into a person I never thought I could be. I have so much to be thankful for but as much I love traveling, it also made me realize that there’s no place like home :) Here are 5 things I miss most about home when traveling:
1. My Own Bed. I’m not sure I’m not alone when it comes to this, even after experiencing the hotel life abroad, nothing beats coming home to your own bed. For some reason, even with the king sized bed, the best pillows and the biggest thread count offered, there’s just something about sleeping in what you’ve been accustomed to :)
2. The Scent of My Home. My mom loves to hoard diffusers and home fragrances that make our house smell like a hotel. For as long as I can remember, she would buy Lamp Berger because not only do they have a great array of scents to choose from, the lamps they’re in are gorgeously designed that they can pass as an home accent! My fondest memory of the brand was when she came home with a box full of it and started putting it around our house. She put one in each room and as you enter you’d be welcomed with a different scent that fits the personality of the room owner. Now that I’m older and had the freedom and means to design my own room, I chose their newest product line, Parfum Berger Precious Jasmine for it’s elegant grey lacquered glass that’s topped with a ceramic lily. The color’s perfect for the purple touches of the room! Precious Jasmine notes has jasmine blends, the sunny balance of ylang and bouquet of spicy carnation and peony :) Love how it makes our room smell good!
3. Home Cooked Meals. Ahhh home cooked meals. We always tease our mom that our houses specializes only with one menu but we’re not complaining! We always have sinigang and the best chicken curry and it’s always what I look forward to when I’m on the plane going home no matter how much good food I have abroad :)
We also use Parfum Berger Anti-Odor to neutralize odors around our kitchen.
4. Date Nights. Never knew this day would come :P
5. Family. I grew up with very clingy parents and they made us get used to having all 6 of us together in one room, all the time! Now whenever it’s just Vern and I experiencing a new place together or even going back to a city, it always feels incomplete. I felt this the most when we visited Finland, it has been barely 3 months since our Christmas family vacation to Whistler, Canada and seeing what we saw there in Finland just made me miss them so much even when I was already with Vernica and Vernon :)
Visit www.lampeberger.ph for more details!