Oh, working. One of the things we adults are obligated to do to make a living. While there are many places people choose to have for a workplace, many do work in an office setting. Unfortunately, offices require a dress code, and sadly no, that does not include spaghetti straps and shorts! The dress code usually consists of clothing that gets most of your skin covered so you’ll look presentable in an office workspace. Often times it’s hard to find something that looks stylish and trendy without breaking an office dress code but there are ways to look like a fashion icon and a boss at the same time! :) Sometimes I even wonder how life would’ve been for me if I chose a different career path and while I may never know for now, I tried corporate attire for a whole week to give you more options. I must admit, it’s not easy!
Coordinates fromKorea, Top from H&M, Shoes from Dior, Belt from Louis Vuitton
1. Accessorize your suits by clinching it with a belt at your waist and not wear it the usual way. Wear it to an important meeting or when you just want to feel like your own girl boss! This coordinated look will definitely make you feel like one! :)
Coordinates from Patty Ang
2. Go for an all black coordinated suit but choose pants with this cut! Palazzo pants always gives the illusion of height and you can wear this on those days you need that extra confidence or just to lift yourself up (both figuratively and emotionally). Don’t wear any accessories other than a pair of stud earrings to keep it classy and professional. Though I suggest wearing a top as to not get the HR department’s attention! :P
Dress from Cabana Cebu, Shoes from Manolo Blahnik, Bag from Aranaz x Plains and Prints
3. Let a wrap around dress do the trick. An office staple and update it with a trendy rattan bag and a pair of kitten heels. Opt for a bag with a print like this as to still make it office appropriate!
Coordinates from Korea, Top from H&M, Shoes from Mango
4. If your office’s more flexible when it comes to the length of your bottoms, why not try blazer – shorts coordinates instead? Purchase it in a linen material to survive the heat and make it office appropriate with a pair of smart heels like what I’m wearing!
Coordinates from Pinkaholic Clothing, Shoes from Dior, Belt from Louis Vuitton, Bag from Chanel
5. Go back to the Madmen era and wear a pinstripe suit instead of your usual plain ones! If you’re tired of your boring plain old coordinates, go for a print that’s subtle and will still make you look smart :) Again, cinch it at the waist instead of doing it the usual way!
Also, follow my cousin on Instagram cuz she needs followers @mikaelabulan and add her on snapchat bc her snap score needs to go up higher and her streaks need to be record breaking also @mikaelabulan!! heehee