And just like that, it’s June. We’re almost halfway through the year and that means the rainy season’s near. Okay, I didn’t mean that to rhyme.. forgive me for the mean.. time? hahaha! It’s currently 2 am on a Sunday and after reading your comments on my Instagram post asking what blogposts you want to see here more, I noticed that you miss us writing about fashion. Ofcourse, your wish is my command! :)
About a month ago, we left for Rome to go on cruise with our grandparents! :) It’s been more than a decade since I last travelled with them and I was so happy when I got a call that they wanted to bring us! The weather during our time there was very bipolar, it’s that awkward transition from spring to summer so I opted for dresses that I could easily layer a jacket or sweater on when it get colds at night! Sharing with you tips on how you could accessorize one, before the rainy days come! (Can’t help it, sorry :P)
1. Clinch It With A Belt. My love for belts only started recently as I used to see them a useless accessory before I realized that they can magically create the illusion of a smaller waist! Choose a darker shade to make it work :)
2. Hats – The Bigger, The Better. This accessory serves a dual purpose – to make any outfit look chic and to shield your face from the harmful rays of the sun! :)
3. A Classic Pair of Sunglasses. You can never go wrong with this! Wear it, put it on top of your head or just put let it hang on your clothes! Sometimes it’s all you need to complete the look.
4. A Quirky Pair of Shoes. Life’s too short for boring shoes right? We’re lucky that these kinds of shoes come in all designs and sizes! What I’m currently obsessed with are sandals with pompoms, in big ribbons or in unique prints like the one I’m wearing above :)
5. A Trendy Bag. Who would ever thought that the bags we used to seperate our intimates with when using the dryer would someday become the biggest trend?? haha! It reminded me so much of that or a shopping bag for food that I just had to put a baguette inside!
On Vern: Dress from Zara, Shoes for H&M, Bag from Korea, Sunglasses from Celinè, Belt from Louis Vuitton
On Verniece: Seperates from H&M, Bag and Shoes from Chanel, Sunglasses from I.Am.Sheer