How lucky are we that the most beautiful islands in the world are just in our backyard? When Verniece and I made the pledge to explore more of the country, we started with the clichès then slowly crossed off places that were a bit off track. When we booked our trip to Sorsogon, we honestly did not know what to expect. I actually only wanted to go because of the famous eco boutique situated in the middle of the city called Siama Hotel and knew nothing else. After all your suggestions on Instagram, we found out that there was a place called Pink Beach and guess who got more excited to go?!
Most of the time, we do our own research when it comes to what to do and where to go just to know what kind of outfits we’ll bring with us. This trip was a little bit different though since we literally just landed from our Europe trip and then had less than a few days to pack so we just brought a little bit of everything! While the weather’s generally tropical here in the Philippines, it’s already June and you know what that means? The sun could be shining high and bright one minute and then comes a downpour of rain the next. Here are 6 outfit ideas for traveling around the Philippines:
Dress from H&M, Bag from Chanel, Shoes from Hermes, Sunglasses from I.Am.Sheer.
1. A breezy summer dress. The skies can give us rain and a little bit of breeze but once that all ends, the Philippines gives you humidity. Get ready to feel all sticky and try to be beat sweating by donning a breezy summer dress! Pair it with dainty sandals, a small bag and some trendy sunglasses and you’re good to go! Wear this when going on a tour around the city. It’s sleeves are perfect when visiting churches and cathedrals as every city has one that they’re very proud of and the length’s perfect for those places with dress codes.
Top, shorts, hat and bag from H&M
2. The sleeveless + shorts + straw hat combination. Can’t go wrong with this when you’re in the Philippines! Opt for a printed pair of shorts to spice up this very classic look. I go for this when I plan to go on a food trip as that’s probably one of the best things to do here in the country. That breezy sleeveless top can help you hide your food belly! :P Trust me, it’ll be hard to resist Filipino food once you start!
Top, shorts, hat,sandals and bag from H&M
3. Bell sleeves, printed shorts and comfy sandals. Our country’s made up of 7,107 islands and when you take a trip around the Philippines, one thing’s for sure, you’ll be visiting some kind of body of water. This outfit’s perfect for tours that would make a stop to rivers, beaches or somewhere near the sea! :) Just make sure to apply some insect repellant as our lamok (mosquitos) will infest you with kisses!
Dress, sandals and earrings from H&M, Hat from Mango
4. A maxi dress. There’s always a special occasion to celebrate whenever you’re traveling. Make a lunch or dinner extra special by donning a maxi dress like this one! What’s amazing with most resorts here is that you can request for a special arrangement where in they prepare and decorate as needed :)
Top, shorts, hat and sandals from H&M
5. Anything with denim shorts. Denim shorts are a staple here in the Philippines and pair it with a classic top or a more intricate one and you’re good to go! It’s easy to move around in especially when you’re moving from one place to another. This outfit is perfect when you’re joining a tour and you hav about 4-5 places to go in a day!