Portugal is a country we never thought we’d ever visit. We actually didn’t know what to expect to see when we first saw it on the itinerary given to us by YOSI SAMRA. The only peg we were given was to match the blue tiles the city was filled with and that’s it! :) Just to tell you a little story, I was actually so sick when we were in Europe and it was the time we were in Porto where I thought I was close to dying. My body was honestly giving up on me and all the airplane rides and weather changes we experienced didn’t help. I was on full auto-pilot mode during our time here that I don’t even remember seeing these places until I saw these photos! haha I just remember seeing a beautiful river view and tiles were used to decorate buildings and houses. However, looking back at our trip and how I don’t remember much just means that I have to go back and see Portugal again very soon and include it on our bucket list this year! :)
Every year, Verniece and I make a travel bucket list and make it our source of inspiration and motivation to work harder :) Reading the ones we made in the past actually made me tear up a bit because we crossed out so much places on it and discovered places that we never thought of ever visiting :) Here’s 2014, 2016 and 2017. For this year’s list, we wanted to dream bigger and think out of the box! We usually only write 10 but after being proved that there’s no limit to dreaming, we decided to go with 13 this time. Here they are:
1. South Africa. We’ve crossed out Paris, Santorini and Iceland which were our top 3 places to visit ever since and we’re claiming it!! 2018 is the year we will finally finally visit South Africa :) I’ve had this weird penchant for giraffes for a long time now and it would be a dream to see them roaming around in the wild along with other animals as we stay in the middle of a safari in our neutral toned outfits :P haha! This is Ben and I’s number 1 dream place to go together and I have a big big big feeling it will happen this year! :)
2. Finland. Next to Iceland, this is Verniece’s dream place to see the Northern Lights dance. It will be a bit more special this time as we are hoping to be inside an Igloo as we do :) We’re set to go this March and we’re just counting the days till then!
3. Switzerland. After seeing Whistler, we could just imagine how beautiful the Swiss Alps will be in person! We’re big lovers of snow and winter and where else in the world could we enjoy those two but in Switzerland? :) Not ready for the really expensive coffee though! haha
4. Egypt. My dad and I used to have this pact that before he turns 40 years old, we would see the Pyramids together. Unfortunately, my dad lost his curiosity for Egyptian history and now I’m all alone on this quest. Hoping to see that and the Sphinx in person this year! :) I know it’s dangerous to go there but doesn’t matter if I’m only there for a day! I just have to see the great 3!
5. Morrocco. Oh what could be more picture (I mean IG) worthy than the colorful city of Morrocco? I’ve heard more bad reviews about this place but I just have to see it for myself! Plus sleeping under a tent in the Sahara Dessert would be an amazing experience! :)
6. Russia. It was only last year that I started to see movies about Russia but after seeing the Red Square and how the country has this air of mystery to it, I’ve been dying to visit this place! :) Any tips for those who have gone here already? What cities do we visit? I know there’s more this than The Red Square!
7. Dubai. Can you believe we’ve never gone to Dubai?? We cant either! I’ve only reached until the airport but riding camels, seeing how luxurious the city could be and having our Sex and the City moment in the dessert would surely be a treat!
8. New Zealand. Ahhh another the hills are alive moment for sure. Plus maybe this will be the place we’ll go bungee jumping? :P
9. Maldives. Surely this place is on everyone’s bucketlist so I won’t have to explain! :) Really hoping this will be for work though or else Verniece and I will be so in awe with the place that all we’d want to do is just to enjoy and appreciate. Atleast when we’re there for work, we’ll be forced to document our experience! haha :)
10. Peru. Machu Picchu please?
11. Brazil. I actually don’t know why in particular but Brazillian food is something I enjoy and every person I’ve talked to who has visited the place ended up loving it! :) I wanna see it for myself!
12. Hawaii. The last place in the United States I want to visit and I’ve got a big feeling we’ll visit it very soon ;)
13. Turkey. Another place that’s been our bucketlist since 2015 and we’re hoping that our dad will finally allow us to visit Turkey. If only we can teleport straight to Cappadocia and have our hot air balloon moment :)
Here’s to hoping we can cross out atleast half of it this year! What’s on your bucketlist? :)
All pairs of shoes we are wearing on the post are from YOSI SAMRA.