2017 went by too fast. Our trip to Europe with YOSI SAMRA was something we were looking forward to ever since the brand told us at the start of the year and with just a blink of an eye, we were on board Qatar Airways. Then just like that 2 weeks passed, we were home and the December rush came and now it’s January 1, 2018. The way 2017 flew by made the year such a whirlwind for Verniece and I that so much has happened that we left those 365 days with lessons. Things we learned that we wanted to impart to you :) Here they are:
1. The days go by so quickly that if you don’t stop and appreciate what’s happening in front of you, you will miss all the moments. There were a lot of instances this year that we took advantage of because we were trying to do everything all at the same time. Our generation’s so engrossed with capturing everything for social media that we only stop to take photos and don’t take it in to appreciate.
2. You will get burnt out, even if what you’re doing now is what you’ve been dreaming of doing. I’ve written about my quarter life crisis experience here and even if what I’m doing now is what I’ve prayed and wished for so long, this was the year that I felt tired of doing it. Remember that it’s okay to feel this way and you’ll eventually find your way back! :)
3. There’s a reason why you don’t get the guy you want. Even if you’ve done everything for him to like you, changed some ways about you that you think would be a better fit to him or even try to adjust parts of your life, if it’s not meant to be, it won’t happen. Most of the time, the reason why you don’t end up with the person you like, it’s because you’re meant to be with someone who is so much better than you’re praying for :)
4. All the notions you had about love will change once you find the right guy. This is what I’ve been telling Verniece for the longest time. You see, she’s one of the most cynical people I know about love but I told her that when the right guy comes, she will throw it out of the window and see that love will make her the happiest. Finally she learned that this year!
5. A Long distance relationship is not for the faint of the heart. It’s not only your dreams that will entail a lot of hard work, your relationships too. I used to only see the easy and happy parts of being in a LDR but it was this year that I saw how strenuous and sometimes tiring it could be. Being away for long periods of time kind of took a toll on it too but I’m very lucky to be with someone who’s very understanding and supportive :) It’s just not for the faint of the heart because if you don’t have enough love and patience, it won’t work.
6. You have to accept that you cannot change people but rather, you have to learn to accept and love them for their shortcomings. I used to think when I was younger that when a person really loves you, they will change to fit your idea of a perfect guy. In reality, they will try and try but at the end of the day, no matter how much they love you, they can only improve so much. For a relationship to work, you also have to meet them halfway and love them for what they can’t change :)
7. A lot of your problems will be solved by changing how you look at it. I never understood it till this year but I realized that when life throws problems your way, most of the time, you just have to look at it in all angles before reacting. Will it matter in 5 years? or even tomorrow? Should I panic? If I panic will it do me any good? Should I let it affect me? How do I solve it without getting too stressed? There were alot of problems this year that I easily solved only because I chose to alot let things go that won’t even matter to me in the future.
8. Whatever you’ve been doing to your body will catch up to you. All the junk you’ve been eating, all the exercises you didn’t get up for in the morning, all the vitamins you didn’t take, etc. I got sick alot of times this year and even gained the extra weight because of all the bad and lazy things I did to my body in the past. No matter how much you deny it, it will catch up to you even the good :)
9. One of the greatest blessings we’ve ever received are the love we get from our readers. We have never felt so loved by you until this year. I went through an emotional rollercoaster ride this year and I easily got through it cause of you :)
10. Be careful what you wish for because all your dreams will come true one day. If you really work hard for it and if it is really meant for you, everything you once wished for will be given to you so be careful what you ask from God :P
All the shoes we are wearing are from YOSI SAMRA.