Las Vegas, USA
Photos Edited by: Verniece Enciso
Everyone has those days. The kind wherein you just get up from bed and something just feels off. The kind where the most exciting part of it would be your date with a TV series you don’t really like but still do because you have nothing else to watch. The kind where it’s been so mundane that your friend’s story about the life of your friend’s third cousin is music to your ears. I last experienced that when I spent a total of 36 travelling from Manila to Rome. With 3 flights to take plus a 7 hour layover that we dreaded so much, we had to think of ways to make a day as uneventful as that as exciting as we can! Here are the 5 ways we thought of:
1. Rekindle an old friendship. It doesn’t have to be a big of a gesture but a simple text message, a direct message or even a like on their newest photo would do. You never know what just might come out of it! :) Remember that a new lesson or window is waiting for you, you just have to sometimes open the window yourself!
2. Read a book. It may be an old favorite that you haven’t opened for years or one of those titles that you’ve stacked and procrastinated on for awhile. Not everyone has the luxury of time or means to escape to another world but this is the easiest and fastest way to transport yourself! :)
3. Try something new. Haven’t tried cooking before? Do it! Haven’t gone to the gym in ages? Now’s the time to. Has your brother been bugging you to play that video game he just bought? You might just beat him. Been wanting to learn Soduku but don’t know how? Today’s the day. Have you been wanting to open up a blog or start a vlog but don’t have the guts to? Well, you should now. Remember that you don’t have to get out of the house or go to the extremes to learn a new skill :)
4. Disconnect. This is one of the luxuries that our generation has yet to appreciate. With just a press of button, there’s a whole world no gadgets and just plain old fun waiting for you. We’ve accustomed ourselves to always be looking down at the screens of our phones or our eyes glued to our laptops that we’ve forgotten to go out and smell the flowers.
5. Make a killer playlist and listen it with the best speakers. This has got to be one of the simplest ways to turn your day upside down. I’m not exaggerating when I say that my day’s not complete without listening to music. I’m the type of girl who always needs to turn on the radio whenever I’m stuck in traffic or even take every chance I get to play my current favorites on repeat :) I have three playlists on rotation and it’s tailor made to fit my every mood. There’s one for a long flight, one that I can listen to when I’m happy and even one when I want my day to slow down. Of course, what’s the use of a good playlist without good quality speakers and headphones to compliment them? :) I recently just invested on three new ones. Here they are:
– The JBL E55BT headphones. It’s noise cancelling so it’s perfect for flights or when I’m in the library waiting for my next class. It’s light and durable and the sound quality is amazing.
– The JBL Flip 4 speakers. This is a lightweight and waterproof speaker that I use when I’m hosting a Friday night in with my friends at home or even a barbeque night by the pool. I don’t have to worry because it floats in the pool too! The battery’s long lasting so it plays my full playlist and sometimes even on repeat. It’s easy to bring around, too!
– The JBL Clip. This is the one I bring with me everywhere. I even bring it with me abroad because I don’t have to worry that it would add too much weight to my baggage. I can easily just clip this anywhere even on my handbag! Here’s a little secret: Vern and I even use this when we take outfit photos! :P
Hope you can use these simple tips on a day like today. Smile! Things will turn up :)