H&M has always been one of our dream brands to work with. I remember saving all the shopping budget our parents would give us just so we could buy a few pieces from their Tsim Tsa Tui branch in Hong Kong. The budget would slowly grow bigger as we get older and we would always spend most of it in the same place, over and over again. I remember how I would save the pieces I would buy for birthdays, open parties and even special occasions. H&M wasn’t available in the Philippines back then so I would always wait for our yearly family trip abroad to refill my closet! haha! That’s why I have to pinch myself a little when we got an email from the PH team about a collaboration they wanted to do with us! I mean, it’s H&M and they want to work with us!! Officially!!! ahhh!! :)
Spring is finally here and while it’s unfortunate that we don’t get to experience flowers blooming all around us, H&M Is bringing their newest collection to give us a taste of what the season actually feels like :) Dressing up to fit every season is something Verniece and I love to do so we hope that this blogpost will inspire you to do the same. With H&M‘s newest collection that comes in an array of light weighted pieces in very fresh colours, dressing for spring is something that won’t be so hard anymore :) I know some of you will be clueless on how we could do so to make your life much more easier, we’ve listed down 7 Spring trends for you to try this 2017!
1. Stripe your way through spring. Stripes have always been a staple print in the fashion world but this season lets us wear it in bolder colours and we’re not constricted to pants or just tops anymore. If you’re feeling experimentive, try wearing a jumpsuit instead like this one from H&M :) We’ve styled it in two different ways that will fit two different kinds of girls – the fashion forward or the working one.
2. Let them eat cake. When I first read of cake trimmings from a fashion article I recently read, I thought that it was something I couldn’t pull off. If you’re wondering what cake trimmings are on clothes, it’s that waxy design you see on the sleeves of the jumper dress we’re wearing below :) This season, you will find it on tops, in skirts or even in shoes! Tone it down by wearing it in a neutral colour so you won’t feel like you’re wearing a cake! lol
3. Denim is here to stay. This one is something I’m very very happy about because not only is denim the most versatile material ever, I shopped for so much denim pieces that if it goes out of style, I’ll cry! hahaha! :P Denim is here to stay so wear it as much as you please.
3. Crushing on Velvet. This trend reminds me so much of the early 2000s and I know I’ve worn this as an early teen :P haha! The material is exactly called velvet crush and thank God it comes in pastels now as opposed to dark colours so you can wear it even during the day :)
5. Peek-a-boo, I see you. Dresses that come in sheer material might not be for the faint of heart but it’s something to try at least once. Try it and your sweat glands will thank you for it :P lol
6. Flower Power. Florals for spring? Groundbreaking. HAHA!! Who knows from what fashion movie that line is from?? :P Spring always means florals but this season gives us the head to toe floral trend! :) While it’s something we both know we can’t pull off, we styled two outfits that has a hint of it! That way, it won’t be hard for you to cop ;)
7. Pink is the colour of life today. There’s only one person that comes to mind when someone says pink. Verniece is probably the happiest person in the world right now that pink is on trend because that means more fashion items will come in that colour! While hot pink is what we saw on the runway, fashion brands like H&M have translated it into a muted pink which we personally think is so much better :)
All dresses, tops, bottoms, footwear and accessories are from H&M PHILIPPINES.
This post is just a little sneak peek on what we’ll be doing together and we can’t wait to officially reveal it on our Instagram accounts as well as H&M’s Facebook and Twitter accounts tomorrow! :) Till then!