Photos Edited by: Verniece Enciso
I can’t believe I’m already 24. Months ago, I dreaded to be in my mid twenties. I thought that I had to take life too seriously now or that I should re-evaluate what I’m doing with it. I felt lost and doubtful about where my life was heading and when I realised that I was just going through a phase, I started to become excited instead :) It took me a lot of hit and misses to get to the phase I’m in my life right but here are 23 little lessons I learned as I went through that journey :) Happy birthday to us all aries and roosters out there!
1. Explore as far as you can. Go as far as your time and money can take you then go further. The farther you are from home, the more you’ll know about what matters and what doesn’t to you. Also, this is how you can test your weaknesses and learn how to make them strengths.
2. Make a list of dreams and goals as a new year starts. Make it a motivation for you to work harder. Also, if you’re looking forward to something, it’ll be harder to stop going for it.
3. At the end of the day, the people who’ll really be there for me unconditionally will be my parents.
4. However, I learned that not everyone is as lucky as me to be as close as I am to my family. I forget this most of the time but I guess not everyone’s brought up the same way.
5. Nothing beats a shower at the end of a loooonnng day. And Netflix too!
6. What scared me last year might be something I love to do the next. I have a list of things that I was so scared to do before I got to try them and when that I did, some even became part of my routine already! :)
7. It’s okay when your partner doesn’t like the same things as you do… as long as they try them! haha I sometimes feel bad whenever Ben doesn’t have the same coffee cravings as me, or that he doesn’t have dessert after a meal (sobrang baba lang ng examples ko lol) but then nothing appeases me when he tries to like it at least :P haha
8. The lessons I learned in school doesn’t matter to me AT ALL now and there are times that I wish I didn’t waste my time anymore. BUT what I now use in real life is the discipline my teachers taught me back then. Especially the kind that I got from Dr. Robles and Ms Eala! haha Comment below if you know them? :)
9. It always pays to be nice – just don’t do it to expect something in return.
10. It’s free to give out smiles and hellos to random people, why do we always choose to do otherwise?
11. It’s an old saying but I just proved it myself recently – how people treat others lower than them says so much about how they’ll treat you when they don’t need you anymore.
12. Have friends from all age brackets and walks of life. My dad always taught us this as it will help us grow and be better at our craft.
13. Clichè but it’s better to have a small number of true friends than a big one that will only be there for you when you don’t need them.
14. I’ve learned this for quite some time but I know it’s hard to stick to this – it’s better to invest your money on things that will make your future better. It’s just so fun to shop, right? :(
15. I know some people believe that it’s better to try everything in the buffet before sticking to one but I believe that one should always choose a partner you can see a future with. Why waste your time right?
16. Celebrate all your little wins, it makes your loses look small.
17. It’s never too early to start with a beauty regimen. Make sure to consult an expert though before trying products to make sure it’s really for your skin type :)
18. What you want in your age now may not be something another person your age wants for him/herself. There are a lot of people who look at me and say, “aren’t you too young?” or “we’re only on our mid 20s! We have so much time for that!” But this is what I know I’ve worked and prayed for so why must I stop wanting it just because another 24 year old has other goals?
19. Before starting an argument, just ask yourself if it’s worth having wrinkles for. Girl, mas mahirap tangalin ang wrinkles kaysa ang sama ng loob! :P
20. Don’t let it get to your head, make sure your feet stays on the ground.
21. “Supporting another’s success won’t even dampen yours.”
22. Basic hygiene is something a lot of people forget to do for themselves. Always smell good, whether it may be your breath or your clothes, invest in perfume that makes you feel more of yourself. Make sure your hair is neat and your skin’s in it’s best condition. Get regular manicures and pedicures. Make sure you’re using products that are not expired. And dress appropriately. If you don’t train to fix yourself now, it will never happen.
23. It’s possible to feel that you have so much time in your hands but feel like it’s running too fast.
Happy birthday, me! <3
Wearing head to toe SKY CASTLE CO.