If you clicked this for the title, it’s one of two things – you’re a guy who desperately needs a date idea or you’re a girl who’s checking if you fancy any of the items below so you can hint to your boyfriend by linking this to him! lol Valentine’s day is officially only in 2 days and whether we like to admit it or not, if you’re in a relationship, it’s an excuse to be extra sweet all day :) Personally, I love celebrating any occasion, big or small and I like to do it in the most special way possible – by doing anything as long as we’re together. You might think that I’m the type who always needs a grand gesture or a big gift to be happy but I’m the total opposite. My love languages are quality time and words of affirmation for a reason :) Of course, it’s important to make sure to smell and look your best no matter what you’re doing!
So I hope that you’re just like me as here are 10 simple date ideas for you and your special someone:
1. Cook a candlelight dinner together. Make it a team effort by one doing the starter, the other doing the dessert but cook the main dish at the together. If you have the extra time, start the date by doing grocery together! Any person in the world’s a sucker for a person who cooks. It’s actually one of the first few things that made me think Ben was my dream guy! lol I always tease him that his cooking skills made me text him back.
2. Go hole in the wall restaurant hopping. Research on 4-6 places to try in your area and order only ONE dish per restaurant then hop on to the next. Not only will you get so full of food and high on conversation but you’ll have a million coupley and food photos to post at the end of the day ;)
3. Go on a timezone date. Ahh the good old timezone dates. Rekindle your relationship by making each other feel like you’re in a puppy love kind of relationship again by competing on a few arcade games and even finish the date by taking a few photos at the photo booth :)
4. Do Kris Kringle on February. You know the rules of secret Santa right? Go to the mall, set a budget and pick a theme then separate for 30 minutes to look for a gift for each other then meet up again and exchange gifts! How cute right? :)
5. DIY Cinema under the stars. Cinema under the stars has always been one of my dream dates! Just like the in the 1960s movies :) You can DIY by setting up your living room or any open space in the house with a tv/laptop/projector/apple tv and pick a few romantic movies for you two to watch then take out her favorite food and set up, picnic style. If you have time, take out your Christmas lights and hang them on the ceiling for effect!
Give your special someone a date to remember by using a scent that he will not only love to smell, but will also make your skin irresistible to touch. I love to prepare for a date by showering with the Lux Soft Touch Bar as it keeps me smelling fresh and great the whole day :) Hope your Valentine’s Day will be full of kilig!