Samal Island, Davao, Philippines
After the two week hiatus, we are finally back!! We’ve been jumping from one city to the other in the last 14 days that it’s been really difficult to sit down and edit photos properly and write a post that will give justice to the beautiful places we’ve recently been to :) If you follow us on our social media accounts, you would know that Verniece and I visited Davao a day after our Cagayan De Oro trip. It was not our first time in Samal Island and neither in Davao but we’ve never experienced the city like this before.Pearl Farm emailed us a few months ago and after hearing countless positive reviews about the resort, we made sure to squeeze it into our month :) Believe it or not, we’ve never stayed in water villas before and when we found out that they will be housing us in one, we were just too excited!! :) Davao is a province 2 hours away from Manila and is considered the hub of Mindanao. From the airport, you would need to take a 45 minute boat ride and as much as I hate long travels, all of the hardship will be worth it as you will be welcomed by paradise! The resort just recently got its 5th star from the Department of Tourism and after the long wait, they finally got it! We were so curious as to what makesPearl Farm stand out from all the resorts in Mindanao and we did find out first hand. Here’s our two cents on why we think they deserve that 5th star:
1. It’s photogenic sunsets. We reached the island as the sun was just about to set and the team behindPearl Farm boasts of it’s beautiful sunset! It was naturally pinkish and purple in color. These are two hues that most girls can’t resist!
2. It’s pristine white sand is fine and the waters are so clear. If you see the blues behind us, with just a few steps, you can already snorkle about 10 feet down and see really beautiful corals and schools of fishes! :)
3. You can choose from an array of accommodations. They have water villas perfect for couples and honeymooners, huts for families, private areas for bigger groups and the grand villas on the other island for groups of 10 and more!
4. Privacy. Davao is slowly becoming a busy city with our current President residing there and the fact that this is 45 minutes away from the centre makes it awesome. You can serenity and quiet – two things that vacationers look for!
5. Personalized service. ThePearl Farm team will say yes to your every request and whim. For those of you who are celebrating something special, you can have a picnic by the beach just like what we had one afternoon or…
… your very own sunset yacht cruise! This is always our favorite part of every trip we make to the beach as we’re big fans of sunsets :) The weather gets a bit chillier, the sky makes this little light show and it’s the perfect way to cap off a day! Just make sure to request in advance ;)
7. Their halo-halo. This deserves its own number! I think we ordered this after every meal! lol
There you have it! Overall, our stay in Pearl Farm was short but sweet. We got to experience every bit of what they had to offer and we can say that it’s worth the trip down there :) What we personally think though is that it’s more for couples than for family time. So if you need some quality time with your special someone, you know where to bring them next! Thank you again Pearl Farm for this! :)