New York, New York
A long haul flight is not everyone’s cup of tea. Even short ones for some people. Personally, I used to love them but I’ve learned to hate them after a number of it that I’ve learned quite a few lessons to make my life easier thousands of miles in the air. I wish I can fly Emirates first class like what Vern tried on every single I’ll take in my life so I’ll have the grandest time every time but I can’t! lol Anyway, here are a few before and during we’ve listed down together:
1. Make sure you have all the documents you need in hand – may it be in your phone/email or a print out. Documents like Departure & Arrival ticket, hotel reservation (in case immigration asks to show you a copy) and a page of all the serial numbers of all your big bills. I learned the latter from my trip with Rakso Travel Agency especially when you’re on a tour. Just so when you loose bills and they can do a bag search of all your companions. It’s also needed when filing money loss for your travel insurance.
2. Pay the travel tax in advance to avoid the line in NAIA terminals or just allot a certain amount of time in the airport before your flight to pay for it. The line can be reaaalllllyy long and especially when you’re traveling alone, you might just miss your flight cause of it.
3. Download all the necessary applications you need and make sure to research in advance if SMART’s Surf Abroad applies to your country of destination so you’ll have internet right when you land in case of emergency.
4. Avoid alcohol, coffee or tea before a long haul flight. It’s always the mistake I commit before a long haul flight and it just causes me to become more restless.
5. Separate your pocket money so that even if you accidentally leave your bag or lose your wallet before a flight, you don’t lose everything.
6. Pack an extra underwear, an extra top and socks in your carry on. Also a tooth brush/mouthwash (make sure it’s less than 100 ML), dry shampoo and deodorant so you can freshen up in your stopover or in the plane.
1. If you’re traveling alone or separated from your companions, make sure to position your bag in between your legs or hug it before you sleep. Strangers can steal from you even in the plane when you’re not looking.
2. Avoid putting the pillow and blanket near your face. Even if they say they clean it or sanitise it, you can’t be sure. It can cause breakouts and rashes :) Bring your own if you can.
3. Stretch and stand up once in awhile to avoid swollen feet, neck and back pain.
4. If you do have a stop over, make sure to stay in a restaurant or lounge that allows you to hear announcements. Flights can leave early for a number of reasons and you don’t wanna miss one when you’re just killing time in the airport.
5. Don’t waste the battery of your phone so you’ll have enough juice when you land. That or bring a power bank! You never know what will happen :)
6. Remove all make up especially if it’s more than 5 hours and you’re doing an overnight flight. Bring a toner too! :)
7. Try to sleep on the plane according to your country of destination just to lessen the jet lag you’ll have :) I know plane entertainment can be fun or it’s easy to just take a sleeping pill and pass out but you’ll be doing yourself a favour! :)
There you go! Those are tips and tricks Vern and I learned from all the airplane riding we’ve been doing. Hope they’ll helped you! :)
Coat from: EAST COATS Pants from: H&M Shoes from: FOREVER21 Shades from: Dior Bag from: Chanel