Ben and I’s usual routine on the week before everyone started to arrive in New York was this: try a new restaurant, go to one picturesque place for an outfit post, walk around the area, try a coffee shop, get take out then go home. This went on and on for 5 days and honestly the part that made me love this trip so much :)
One of the 5 days, we decided to go the New York Public Library on the 5th for photos and checked out the shops in the vicinity. One of them was Urban Outfitters and they have this part of the shop where they sold the most random things you can find. You know those small useless things that you think you need but only to find out that you spend 32 dollars on something cute but won’t use? That section! :P haha One of the books on display was the 52 Lists Project. It’s a weekly journal that tries to keep you in check by listing down a few things about your life. Now I didn’t buy the book but I was smart enough to take a photo of it’s table contents so I can start it here on the blog! :)
It’s subdivided into four seasons and since it’s already spring time, Ill be skipping winter and move on to there. It’s just a bunch of start of the year stuff like goals and dreams for this year, people that make you happy, things you wanna do, etc. Sooo here’s the first on it is the “List your ways on how you can cleanse your life for spring” and to make it true to how we do it here on the blog, I’m doing 7 ways. Here it is:
1. Knick my habit of spending on small things like there’s no tomorrow and just save up for one big item. Whenever I go on big trips with Ben, I usually have a x amount of budget for my shopping and I noticed that on the past two ones, I’ve been spending it on small items like average priced clothes, shoes, bags, etc and at the end of the trip, I go home with a lot of new things but forget about them after just a few uses. This trip, since it was my birthday, I decided to splurge on a pair of new sunglasses and a new bag. I didn’t buy much of the small things anymore and I went home happier! I wanna knick that habit too and apply it whenever I’m home. Instead of spending my money on expensive meals and little items, I’ll just save up for something big I’ll remember :)
2. Remove the clothes I haven’t used in the past year and give them to charity. Packing for NYC made me realize that I have so much I haven’t used in a long time and instead of taking up space, might as well give them someone who needs them more.
3. Kick my bad practice of making work wait.
4. Change my habit of using PMS-ing as an excuse to be grumpy. I think all we girls need to! hahaha Most of our fights this trip was because of my time of the month. But also, I think our boyfriends just need to learn how to shove chocolate in our mouth when we start to become a monster! :P lol
5. Burying myself on my phone and being antisocial. I keep saying this but it’s just so hard :(
6. Send my high expectations down the drain as to keep my relationships with people I love and myself healthy. I read this book recently that the reason why most relationships fail is because of the high expectations of one person in the relationship is not met.
7. Try to change my annoying RBF (resting b*tch face). I know I have it and I think the people around me are getting annoyed with it already! hahahaha I know I was born with it but I can step it down a notch?
Top and Skirt from H&M, Shoes from Zara, Bag from Valentino, Coat from GAS JEANS, Sunglasses from Dior
There you have it! What are the 7 ways you can clean your life for spring? :)