Bryant Park, New York
After spending a week here in New York and immersing myself in it’s fast paced living, I learned that in a place as busy and bustling as this, it’s easy to let life pass you by. We’ve been meeting and talking to random strangers who have different stories to share and I noticed that when you let stress suck you in, you tend to forget the blessings that’s right in front of you. So to remind me and hopefully inspire you to take note of yours, here’s a list of things that are currently making me happy! :)
1. Im in the greatest city in the world! Ahhh I can’t believe I’ll be back so sooooooon and here I am, spending 20 days more :)
2. Jet lag. Believe it or not, the time I unusually sleep and wake up here actually makes me happy because I get to squeeze in work! I’m sleepy by 10 and I’m awake by 7 am so that gives me ample time to blog and post pictures just right before you guys go to sleep :) haha!
3. Bagels and creamcheese. Always my breakfast staple here! I get it in the deli next door and it makes me feel like a local :P
4. Ticking off New York landmarks one by one. Slowly but surely! We do one once a day and you know what that means?? One outfit post per spot! haha :) #BloggerProblems
5. Viber time with my family back home. Ironically, my constant traveling the past year made me closer to my family :) Facetimiing with Verns when I wake up and before he sleeps is my favourite!
6. Doing simple chores because of living without help – laundry, vacuuming, throwing the trash and cleaning up after eating. Whether we admit it or not, we’re spoiled in the Philippines and we don’t get to experience doing these back home. Airbnb-ing has forced Ben and I to do these things and it made us realize who doesn’t mind doing who :)
7. Vegan food! Tried By Chloe as recommended by one of my favourite bloggers, Aimee Song, and I don’t mind eating it at all!! :) If only Ben wasn’t such a carnivore :P haha
8. Verniece coming in a 2 days!!!
9. Public transportation in NYC. I love subways and getting lost looking for places :) It always brings us to good places by accident!
10. Getting to experience New York with friends. We’re here with three now and two more are coming tomorrow! Ben and I have experienced traveling just the two of us a couple times now so it’s nice to do so with friends :)
11. Take out + How I Met Your Mother. Our airbnb owner made use her Netflix account and this is what we do to relax after a day of walking. He hasn’t seen the series and I’m glad he likes it!
12. We haven’t gone to museums or the major parks yet and we’re starting today!! Woooohoooo! :)
13. Commments on instagram and our blog, tweets and Facebook posts from you :) Please keep them coming? :) I love reading them!
14. Babies in puffy jackets. It makes me miss Verns :(
15. IM TURNING 23 IN 3 DAYS AND I’M CELEBRATING IN NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!! :)
Coat and Pants from Korea, Top from Zara, Shoes from Topshop, Sunglasses from Dior, Bag from Chanel