Anantara Resort & Spa Angkor, Siem Reap
To tell you honestly, we were a bit hesitant to go to Cambodia at first because we knew that Verniece and I would be alone during this trip. We’ve travelled by ourselves and just the two of us but only to places that are known to be safe so you can say that we were scared. Cambodia, even if it’s visited by millions of tourists everyday, is not a country Filipinos prfioritize. We don’t even hear about it a lot and only see it through travel blogs and channels abroad but when Anantara Angkor Resort and Spa wanted to partner with us, we didn’t hesitate one bit. We knew we were in good hands! :) Anantara is one of the best boutique hotels and is known worldwide to have one of the best services in the industry. In fact, their hotel in Maldives, is in our ultimate bucket list! :) Our experience at Anantara was one for the books and you know how we’re very picky with the hotels we recommend to you so here are 5 reasons to convince you why a trip to Anantara and Cambodia is something you should do ASAP!
1. The Room. They only have 39 rooms in the hotel so except a very private location. Once you enter the vicinity, you would immediately feel at home since the place is small but the room are spacious. It has everything you need for a vacation to the country of temples – a comfy bed to go home to after all the walking, a bathtub and shower to rinse off all the sweat and to relax and go through all the photos you’ve taken during the day your very own balcony or patio (if you’re lucky to get one of the room downstairs) to enjoy breakfast in or just chill with a book and all the amenities you need so you won’t need to bring your own. The downside to this place is that there are a lot of mosquitos (I think Cambodia in general has a lot of them) but Anantara go the extra mile and provide you with a bug spray, bug lotion and their very own version of a katol :)
2. The free tuktuk ride to the city centre. Very convenient and you save money!
3. The Food. We’re crazy about the food in Anantara Angkor. Prior to our trip, every time we would ask about the local food in Cambodia, they would say that it’s not something to look forward to but the food in the hotel made us love Khmer! We wanted to eat every single thing on the menu :) Their breakfast too is the best we’ve had EVER. No sugar coating. We changed our minds about looking forward to breakfast buffets because having a menu is the smartest thing ever. I know that it’s a way for them to save since they won’t be cooking and wasting a lot of food but the presentation is better and everything is cooked perfectly :) Please get their bread basket too! But note that there’s a big difference in price compared to the one in the city.
4. The famous Khmer massage they offer in their in house spa. Goodbye swedish and shiatsu because we found our new favourite!
5. The Personal Service. I always get killing when a hotel provides personal service. I hope this is something all hotels start to do! It always makes you wanna go back and tell all your friends about it. I hate hotels who are distant and don’t make their guests feel at home and Anantara makes you feel like you never left your house. Hotels are supposed to be a getaway and I’m sure tourists pay for that kind of service especially the ones who come from countries who personally don’t have help. Usually, big chain hotels don’t offer it but Anantara, even if they have in almost 15 countries, do! :)