We often forget to take care of our teeth. In fact, most of us, are even scared of taking care of them only because it means we have to make a trip to the dentist! You’re not alone and I used to feel that but Metro Dental made me change my perspective :) I actually never had braces and on my first few trips to the clinic, they advised me that for me to get the perfect smile I’ve always wanted, I had to get one. I was hesitant at first because I knew that it would be very obvious I had them on and that even with ceramic braces, I knew that it would be hard for me to do photo shoots and most especially video shoots where they cannot do much for post processing. Metrodental, however, had the answer to my dilemma and suggested Invisalign.
Invisalign takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you. They kinda resemble a mouth-gaurd, but instead of rubber, they are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. There are no metal brackets attached to your teeth and wires to hold together. It’s as simple as wearing a retainer, you just pop in a new set of aligners every 2 weeks until the treatment is complete. As for me, it will only take 6 months. The best part about the whole process is that most people wont even know you’re straightening your teeth!
So I went for it. Got my dental impressions done (where the dentist took a mold of my teeth) and they sen’t it to the Invisalign Head Quarters in the States. On my next visit, they should me a 3D animation of my teeth on the screen. They showed me how my teeth looks now, during and after the treatment. This is really impressive, as you get to see the end result of the treatment. The dentist will show how and where they plan to move the teeth, I’m sure you won’t get that experience with normal braces. So thumbs up for technology! I was happy with the treatment plan they prepared for me and decided to proceed with treatment. After two weeks, my aligners arrived, and my dentist finally gave me my first set of Invisalign Aligners :)
I have been wearing them for quite a while now, and have jotted down my experience so far with the product.
Here are what I like about Invisalign:
1. It’s a new and cool way of straightening out teeth, I mean come on, it’s the clear alternative to braces.
2. I don’t have to worry about food getting stuck in between my braces, because I get to remove the Invisalign Aligners while eating. Sometimes, I notice when people with braces eat, they have some food stuck on their braces, which is so embarrassing especially if your at a meeting or worse, on a date! So I guess, am lucky not to have to worry about that.
3. I sometimes don’t feel it, because as mentioned, they are smooth and comfortable. Im sure for those who have braces, on the other hand, will relay a different experience. I have heard that you get singaw (mouth sores) because of the brackets or wires poking your cheeks or lips, which is totally not cool.
Stuff to get used to:
1. Like all products, there is a catch to it. I guess for Invisalign, I would say my first few days wearing it, I did feel a little bit uncomfortable while speaking, but it did take practice. My dentist advised to read a lot of books aloud to practice speaking with the Invisalign aligners; and well I think I’ve gotten used to it. So it’s not so bad.
2. Slight pain or pressure. My dentist said this is normal, and is also experienced with the usual braces, since the goal of the treatment is to align and move the teeth to their proper places. No pain, no gain I guess :) I do experience a little pain or pressure especially when I change to the next set of aligners. But it’s no biggy.
So there, my experience so far with Invisalign with Metro Dental! :) I will keep you posted again on my progress with the product! :)
There you have it! Can’t wait to see the results in only 6 months! :) Get your Invisalign at METRO DENTAL (02-6333 6825).