Panglao Island, Bohol
Summer is fast approaching and while students won’t have a full-on summer break when the sun is at it’s peak, the heat still calls for things to do! :) It’s time to bring those bikinis and sunglasses out and spend the Christmas money you’ve been saving because after a little bit of research, we found out that there are so much things that will be going on! Here are our favourites:
1. Attend the last Close Up Forever Summer because it’s now or never. We were sad to find out that it will be the last but they’re ending it with a bang because Close Up is bringing in the number 1 DJs in the world – Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. It will be happening on May 21, 2016 at Mall of Asia concert grounds. They’ve been throwing one of the funnest and biggest festivals to ever reach our shores so I’m sure they have a lot of surprises to look forward to on the last :)
2. Go on a road trip with friends. With school and work waiting for you on the weekdays, a quick road trip with friends is the key to still travel this summer. Check out this article 7 Hidden Beaches Near Manila for less than 2000 pesos by The Lost Kids.
3. Learn how to properly apply light make up you for both day and night on yourself. I’m a big make up noob and it took me a whole week (that’s why you need to do this during the summer!) of watching tutorials on how to apply smokey eyeshadow on my eyes and it’s done wonders because I don’t have to go to a salon when an event calls for it. It might sound shallow but it’ll save you a ton of money by learning on your own! Just search on youtube.com and make sure you be specific like “how to contour a square shaped face” or “how to apply smokey eyes on asian eyes” :)
4. Learn something new. This could be a new language, ballet or hiphop classes, bake, archery or even something very random like being a mermaid. There are so much classes available now in the Philippines and you can learn them with just a few clicks on google!
5. See Kanye West Live. Can you believe Yeezy is coming to Manila?! We can’t believe it, too! I saw him once in Las Vegas two years ago and after seeing all the reviews of his world tour, it made me want to catch him live again. It will be at Paradise Music Festival on April on 9, 2016 at Aseana City. The line up also consists of Austin Mahone, Afrojack and Rudimental DJ too so the ticket’s pretty worth even if you’ll be cut back 14,500 for the VIP, 7,000 for the Gen AD and 3,700 for the Paradise Express.
6. Tick a place off your travel bucket list. We have travel guides for you here on the blog and our vlog. Just type on the search bar :) If you’re low on budget, you can just join Melissa Philippines’ summer promo where a 2,000 receipt can make you win a trip for two to Palawan!
7. Try a new hair colour. Wanna go pink? Blue? or doing it for the first time? Try light brown! We usually get ours at Design Studio in Makati!
8. Run your first race. Watsons SunWarrior Challenge with ColorManilaRun.com is happening on March 6, 2016. (sunscreen awareness, kicking off the summer season) – Registration is until February 29, 2016.
9. Go digital. Start a business, a blog or a blog. Like they say, nowadays if it’s not online, it doesn’t exist!
10. Update your summer wardrobe at a discount. Row 101 is a bazaar happening on April 16-17 at Whitespace, Makati. Find something unique here and get a chance to win a trip during their raffle.
11. Do something that scares you. Like learn how to fly a plane or better yet, jump off it! There are crash courses aviation and skydiving available in Cebu.
On Vern: Swimsuit from BEYOND THE BEACH PH, Shoes from Sfera, Sunglasses from Celinè
On Verniece: Swimsuit from BEYOND THE BEACH PH