While it’s more fulfilling to immerse and get your hands dirty when traveling, you must admit that it’s feels great to get pampered once in awhile. When you need to recharge and rejuvenate your mind, soul and body, Discovery Shores Boracay is one of the best places to go to locally. BUT remember that you should do so during off peak season! :) Our stay at Discovery Shores, the best luxury resorts in Boracay, was so memorable that we just had to list down our top 5 things that made it so special!
1. The Food. Discovery Shores Boracay has two in house restaurants – Sands and Indigo Restaurants. The food is always good and the servings are always more than enough so you can always share a meal for two so you get a taste of every bit of the menu :) Sands is where we eat our daily breakfast and their buffet has all the aspects of breakfast comfort food! It just makes you so excited to wake up in the morning :) We would also take our lunch at Sands and their Filipino dishes are just to die for! Don’t leave Discovery Shores without get a taste of it! Their flat breads are something you should try as well. Indigo on the other hand, is more upscale and has a fine dining feel to it :) It’s still by the beach though so it won’t be that uptight! It’s perfect for those special nights you plan with your significant other or a place to celebrate a birthday with your family.
2. Spacious rooms that contain everything you need and want. The hotel is equipped with rooms that fit the number of guests coming in. I’m not a big fan of hotels wherein the bathroom is just a step away from the bed or the bed is one step away from kitchen. You won’t get that with Discovery Shores :)
3. Even if it’s part of station 1, you’ll feel like you’re in a secluded island once you enter the vicinity. You will find peace and tranquility inside the property yet it’s just walking distance from the things you can do in Boracay – water sports, nightlife and shopping.
4. It’s the best place to catch the sunset and have drinks as you watch the sun go down. The beach is not crowded even during Boracay’s peak season in Discovery Shores’ side of the island :) When the sun goes down, you would want to savour and enjoy it without anyone blocking the view right? Perfect spot for OOTDs! Don’t get me wrong though, the music is always perfect and their cocktails very much go with it too!
5. The service that TDLCI is famous for is just something you can’t find anywhere else in the country. I’ve had my fair share of hotel stays in my 21 years of existence and noone really does it like TDLCI :) Aside from the complete amenities of the hotel, this is what you really pay for when staying at Shores. From the moment you land in Boracay till you’re about to board your plane to go home, you’re well taken care of. TDLCI has it’s own van to get to the dock, it’s own waiting area in the airport and it’s own boat going to Boracay island! The service in the hotel itself is impeccable as well! You have to see it for itself :)