Sentosa Island, Singapore
The highlight of our SG trip was our visit to Singapore’s Trick Eye Museum located in Sentosa Island. Verniece and I have seen so much pictures of these before and we’ve always been so jealous of how adorable and cool the photos of other people turn out to be! This has been a craze in Korea since 2010 and I’m sure you’re not surprised that this kawaii idea came form there! It started in Hongdae then it expanded to Busan and Jeju Island and in 2011, they opened more branches in Hong Kong, Shenzen, Haikou and Singapore :)
We arrived in Singapore a night before and woke up very early the next day because we wanted to have the place to ourselves so we can take advantage of every single corner of it. We went at 11 am and stayed till 3 pm… we loved it so much that we went back the next day! haha! Sharing with you 5 reasons why you should make the trip! :)
1. There’s a theme for everyone. The one in Singapore goes around 6 themes that will surely cater to everyone’s feed on instagram. LOL! But kidding aside, whatever you’re feeling that day, whether you want to be inside the Starry Starry Night painting in the World of Masterpieces, be a Panda hanging on a Bamboo in Safari Kingdom, a mermaid in the Dreams of Fairytale, be shot out of a canon in Star of Circus, feel the cold in Love in Winter or be mega flexible in Adventure Discovery, the place has it for you! :)
2. It’s different to all the other Trick Eye Museums I mentioned above. If you been to the other ones, Singapore is still worth going to because it’s different with every museum even if there’s only one company that created all of them! Our goal is to visit all :)
3. Trick Eye Museum is a place that automatically unleashes the silly in you. Once you enter it’s doors, all your inhibitions and shyness will be left outside. I swear, there’s something about the place that will make you do everything just to get the perfect shot :) So if you think you’re shy and you’re scared that you’ll look weird doing all those poses inside, don’t fret! It’s going to be fun :)
4. The place is kid friendly. Even if the photos look like you risked your life taking them, they don’t! It’s called trick eye for a reason ;) I was so sure Verns would have fun there and he’s only 1 and a half years old so your little angels will have an amazing time there :) It’s for everyone in the family!
5. The place is adult friendly, too. Yup, even for you too ;) I bet my life you’ll have more fun than your kids! HAHA!
6.. Trick Eye Museum prepared a 20% discount for all our readers! So instead of the usual 25$SGD entrance fee, you’ll only pay 20 SGD. How amazing is that?!?! You have two options:
– If you’re OC and the type to prepare for trips, you can buy the tickets ahead on this page and just input “vernenciso” or “verniecenciso” on the discount bar and tada!
– If you decide to do it last minute (like now!), you can go to the ticket booth in front of the museum and just say “vernenciso” or “verniecenciso”
If you don’t have plans of going soon, maybe this will change your mind: You can win a FREE TRIP TO SINGAPORE FOR TWO!