Calle Crisologo, Vigan City
14 years ago, a little girl was urged by her grandfather to step into the ice with rented skates. She was so scared that she wouldn’t let go of the hands that were holding her steady or she skated holding onto the rail. After hours on the rink she was able to skate well enough and she fell in love with it. She then pestered her parents to bring her to the skating rink every day. She was only seven years old, but soon with the help of her coaches she was competing in tournaments and a year later she was in Hong kong for a competition. She loved skating so much that she would forego playing to be able to spend long hours in training. This sacrifice bore fruit for she was soon competing in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, China and the United States and winning medals for placing in the top three in her events. I know that by now you know who that little girl is. Yes, you’re right, that little girl is me, Verniece Bulan Enciso, a little girl who dared to step out of her comfort zone and ended up with achievements she had only in her dreams! :) So so grateful :)
Now, I am a blogger. The work ethic I put into skating I now apply to my blogging to achieve my dream of being one of the best and youngest Filipino blogger. Here are five lessons in life that I have learned and have helped me be who I am now (like World Class).
1. Find something you “love” or have a passion for and just do it.
2. Dare to step out of your comfort zone. Conquer that fear.
3. Work hard, hard work can’t kill you.
4. Don’t be afraid of failure. If you fall, get up and learn from your mistakes.
5. When you succeed, don’t stop, aim for higher goals, stay focused and stay humble.
Necklace from: PINKBOX Dress from: Forever21 Shoes from: YSL
So to all the girls out there, feel World Class! :)
Here’s a way to start. Cream Silk has a promo which aims to spark and fuel a movement which would make Filipinas stand proud, believe, and declare that,“there is no dream too big for the Filipina because she is World Class”. Watch their newest video here. Be like the newest Cream Silk Brand Ambassador, Lea Salonga! She is definitely the epitome of a World Class Filipina. Join me and Lea on @creamsilkph movement!
1. Watch the trailer video of the endorser
2. Follow @creamsilk on TW and IG
3. Tweet “Just like @blogger, I aspire to be the best ________. No dream is too big for the #WorldClassFilipina join the @creamsilkph movement #vv”
4. 4 lucky winners will win a ticket to the premiere night
5. Promo ends on April 15 and announcement of winners will be on April 16.