I’ve always been the type of person who can’t stay put. I don’t believe that making the most out of your life means going out, go drinking and party your life away. I believe that the best way a person can live life to the fullest is by traveling and seeing the world as much as her means will allow her. I’m blessed to have a family who provides for almost everything I need so I work to travel plus I found a boyfriend who has the same thirst for travel and adventure like I do so I won’t have to do it alone :) I never thought this year would come so soon but it’s always been my goal to go to 30 countries before I hit the age of 30 and so far I’ve only gone to 5 countries (such a shame, I know!) so I have work hard and book as much promo ticket fares as I can to reach my goal! My family loves comfort zones when it comes to places we go to so I’ve been to Singapore, the US, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia more than once or twice so even if it seams like I do travel alot, I’m confined to those places. Anyway, for future reference, I wanted to make my very own travel bucketlist and I highly encourage you do the same :) I wanted to share the list with you so you’ll be inspired to dream as big as I am right now :P haha!
1. France. Cliche cliche but who can blame me?? No matter how overrated as they say this city is, seeing the Louvre, Eiffel Tower and The Versailles in person will still make me the happiest girl alive. Plus there’s Marseille, Lyon, Cannes, Strasbourg, Colmar, Loire Valley, Bordeaux and Nice to visit! I can already imagine the frilly dresses and matchy matchy separates I’ll be wearing to this country!
2. Santorini, Greece. AHHH THE dream. It’s my dream to have my honeymoon right here in this country and I don’t think I have the explain why. If you’re not familiar with how it looks like, google the place and you’ll get it. I think I’ll be just wearing blue and white here!
3. Switzerland. I always see gorgeous pictures of this country and it’s probably the most quaint I’ve seen yet. As much as I’m an outgoing person, I love peace and solitude and it would nice to get the feeling to be away from civilization every now and then and really immerse myself to a whole different culture. Cars have been banned in this town called Wengen so imagine how clean and green that place is! I can imagine running down the hills singing the hills are alive with the sound of musiiiic!! HAHA! Plus I wouldn’t miss skiing at Swiss Alps! haha
4. Japan. I AM SO EXCITED TO GO HERE!! I can’t believe I’m crossing this country off my list this September and for a few hours on October plus I’ll be going to Nagoya and Tokyo! Crossing my fingers Ben and I decide to extend our layover for a few days so we can visit Osaka as well :)
5. Croatia. Ahhhh this place in the Mediterranean is too gorgeous to pass on. It’s picture perfect in every angle with its beaches plus there are so much Roman ruins to see! I love the mix of both.
6. Angkor Wat, Cambodia. I keep getting mixed views on this place but I would still like the see temples and it’s countryside for myself. They say it’s ridiculously hot here and I hate the heat but I guess it’s one of the things I have to endure! I’ll just wear breezy clothes! :P I heard that you need more than a day or two to really see everything so I’m really excited!! I don’t think my family will be up for this and Ben’s been so hopefully Ina’s game to do this with me :)
7. Sydney, Gold Coast and Melbourne, Australia. I missed my chance this year because of school but I’m hoping to this next year! Good thing I have relatives who live there so it won’t cost me so much. All I need is a plane ticket and pocket money! Melbourne’s ranked the most livable city in the world, the Sydney Opera House would be nice to see, snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef and to live the chill life in Gold Coast would be an experience. I know this city’s not made for shopping and I guess that’s a blessing in disguise since I’ll be spending all my money on trying to be a local :)
8. Easter Island, Chile. I’m a big fan of history and an old friend infected me with his weird curiosity for Alien life and the transportation of the famous Moai all throughout the city suggests their existence so it would be cool to marvel at them. I love museums and nothing is more fun than an outdoor, nature (or Alien :>) made one!
9. Egypt. SOOOOO this place not only suggests but screams to the whole world that Aliens do exist. Call me cray cray but come on, the history of the pyramids, the way Egyptians use the stars, the drawings on the walls and everything about this country makes it obvious. If I were to just visit 5 more places in my lifetime, this will be one of them!
10. India. This place is my top Asian destination. It would be a dream to see the Taj Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Agra Fort, The Red Fort and all it’s grand structures. Pluus I love indian food so please take me here!
11. Bora Bora, French Polynesia. I never really had places like these in my travel bucketlists before since I hated the beach but love makes you go beyond your comfort zones and being in a relationship requires you to try liking the things your partner likes (lol) so I gave beaches a try. Now, I have about 4 places on my list because when I did, I realized that I’ve been missing out all my life! This place is too luxurious for me to go to soon though but it would be nice to attempt to. haha!
12. Italy. The home of some of my favorite dishes in the world and the opportunity to copy my childhood hero, Lizzie Mcguire, would be fun to do! Hey now hey now! This is what dreams are made offfff!!!! If you and I happen to be country and in the Colosseum at the same time expect to see me singing this at the top of my lungs with matching hand gestures! Bonjourno! Bonjourno!
13. New York and Washington DC, USA. I’ve raved about these two places countless times and I can’t believe I’m finally going on October! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
14. Batanes, Philippines. This is much closer to home but apparently the price tag for me to get there is just the same for most Asian destinations so this place is not a top priority. It’s so peaceful and serene plus my lola’s from there also so it would be nice to see where she grew up :)
15. Maldives. This is just in Asia but wow wow wow I think I’ll be willing to work and save all my earnings for a few months to spend a week here. I’ll diet to the highest level too so that I’ll look presentable in bikinis! hihihihi This place is such a paradise…. and ahhh. Sorry, I have no words for this place! It’s just too pretty when I look at the resorts, it’s villas and the scenery.
16. Bali, Indonesia. I’ve been to the city proper but never in Bali. I wanted to go this year but I chose to go to Japan and the States first. Hopefully by February next year, when my bank account has recovered from my 2014 trips! :) Told you, I like the beach now! :P haha
17. Seoul, Korea. This is the place I want to go to for my 22nd birthday just in time for Cherry Blossoms. I’m already going to Japan this year so I’m lucky that Korea grows those pretty flowers as well! I’ve learned to love Korean food recently too so I’m excited! It’s the next place I’m booking when I reach a Cathay Pacific or Cebu Pacific promo fare.
18. Kenya. I’ve gotten over my love for giraffes but to go on a safari and stay at the Giraffe Hotel is something I would definitely want to do before I die! It’s not your conventional travel destination but it’s an adventure!
19. El Nido, Palawan. Again, I missed my chance of going last month for an event but I hope we’ll get the opportunity again soon! I initially wanted to go to Phi Phi Islands in Thailand but people who tell me that has been to both have said that the two places are very similiar so I’d rather support Philippine tourism. Again, I will diet till I die! hahaha
20. Dubai. Again, such an expensive destination so I don’t expect to visit this place soon. It’s probably the only country in the world that doesn’t bask in history because it barely has any so it relies on modernization to bring in tourists so that would be a nice change from all the places above :)
Top and Bottom from THE SWEET CLOTH, Shoes from ALDO, Sunglasses from Céline, Bag from Givenchy
Yup, I know I have to work double time to get to those places! haha What’s on your travel bucketlist? :)