I can never stress enough why 2013 is my favorite year so far. I think it was the year where I could say that I really made the most out of the 365 days it has by changing a few things about myself and the people and things I surround myself with, trying a hell whole lot of new things and went waaaaayyy beyond my comfort zone. With that, before the year comes to an end in exactly 3 days, I wanted to share with you a few things I learned from 2013:
1. There’s a bigger reason why bad things happen and it’s always because something better is coming. I relearned this year that something better will always come in a form that you least expect when you least expect it :)
2. Once a decision is made, leave it that way. I admit that I’m not always the decisive kind of person. One day I’m here, one day I’m there (LOL) but I learned that once a decision has been done, I should just stick to it because there’s a reason why I made and wanted it in the first place.
3. I will not get the body I want until I really work hard for it. One of the few things I will remember 2013 by is the fact that it’s the year I learned that hardwork in the gym and sticking to a clean diet, pays off! WEEE thank you Elorde! HAHA
4. Listen to my mommy. My mom’s always been hands on with my sister and I so she always has a lot to say about the things that we both do and I learned 2058239853 times this year that a mother’s intuition is always right. I should keep this up! haha
5. Junkfood and chocolates are your worst enemies. It’s so easy to admit this but it’s so hard to stay away from them :(
6. Dreams and career > everything else. I got quite distracted for a few weeks and I had to learn this the hard way. Atleast I’m back on track right? :)
7. Heartbreak is temporary and that everything you feel after the initial 11 minutes of feeling that feeling is self infliction. I experienced my biggest heartbreak earlier this year and I learned that it’s just there for alittle while and every single thing I feel is a choice. That if I truly want to feel better, I can, that’s just the feeling I have to choose :)
8. Don’t act when you’re angry and don’t make decisions when you’re sad. Even though probably most of my memorable days of 2013 are the result of decisions made out of anger and sadness and it brought me to fun places and met new people, I think it’s better to just stay at home when I feel either of the two. HAHA!
9. Adventure may hurt me but monotony will kill me.
10. It’s not so bad to be alone, after all. Wow, this is probably gonna be the most personal sentence I’m going to write on this blog ever (HAHAHA) but alot of the decisions I made towards the latter part of the year was brought by the fear of being alone and at the end of that all, I learned that it’s better to be alone than to settle. That after being in long relationships since I was 13, there comes a point where I have to learn how to do things alone. Most importantly, falling in love and building a relationship with myself is probably the best love story I’ll ever have :)
Top from bazaar, Pants from FOR ME, Boots from Forever 21, Bag from Celine, Earrings from SM ACCESSORIES
There you go! What are the lessons you learned from the past year? :)