If you didn’t know, I was an Ice Skater since I was six years old and it has been my first love since then. I spent most of my gradeschool and highschool life training and competing both locally and abroad and it’s safe to say that since I reached freestyle 7, I can teach you a thing or two about the basics of Ice Skating. Some moves that you can even do on your second or third try :) Here they are:
HOW TO: PREVENT YOURSELF FROM FALLING
1. When you already feel unstable, first step don’t panic!
2. Bend your knees
3. Bring out your hands :D
4. Place your hands on your bended knees and lower your back a little and balance your body out.
HOW TO: PROPER STROKING
1. Start on a T position
2. Put your back and hands straight up, hands should be in a half diamond position
3. gently glide the foot infront and slightly bend your knees. Keep your leg in the back straight as possible
HOW TO DO ONE FOOT GLIDE
1. Glide a few and then bend your knees. Make sure your hands are still in half diamond postion.
2. When you finally have your balance, slowly raise your right/left foot. NEVER LOOK DOWN and keep your back straight.
Don’t worry if you don’t get it on your first try! Like I said I’ve been doing this for almost 12 years and I had to practice almost everyday to hone my skills! So just remember that practice is key to master these moves AND remember to have FUN!! :)
Enroll now at SM ICE SKATING!
SM Mall of Asia – 5560469
SM Southmall – 8000426